sabato 19 maggio 2012

waffles or ferratelle

Ferratelle with ice cream
Ferratelle with ice cream
I ate this cookies when I was a child, made by my grandmother who lived in Lazio but near Abruzzo.  I don’t remember the name so I called it waffles or ferratelle because they are cooked in a iron mold.
If you dont’t have the mold you can’t cook them
ingredients:

• 3.50 oz (100 grams) of flour
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• A pinch of salt
• ½ glass of sambuca (liquor with anise) but I've put the rum because I do not like anise!!

For chocolate ones add 50 grams of melted chocolate

Mix all ingredients until a dough has formed and compact.
You can add to the dough vanilla, lemon zest or spices of your choice.
Shape into balls.
Heat the iron mold on the flame from both sides.
FerratellePut in the iron mold a ball a little 'crushed by hand or with rolling pin and close it.
Cook for 30 seconds one side and 30 seconds the other side, open the mold and if the waffle is cook you can remove it  easily.
You can oil the mold with a little vegetable oil.
You can leave the waffle flat or roll them when they are  still hot.

You can put in them ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries in summer and nuts and honey in winter.


View PDF of the recipe

0 commenti:

Posta un commento